Registration of a company is important in order to run any business in India without any legal hurdles. There are certain official procedures a company has to follow in order to be a registered company in India. The process to register a company is through an online process as provided by the Ministry of Corporate Affairs.
The registration process can be divided into four steps:-
Step 1: Director Identification Number(DIN)
The first step in the process of registration of a company is to acquire an identification number. Acquiring a DIN is compulsory for every existing and intending directors.
The following steps need to be followed in order to obtain DIN
- Register and login on the MCA Website.
- Fill Form DIN-1 and upload it by clicking the eForm button on the website.
- Pay the required fee
- Intimate the company about the DIN by filling form DIN-2
- Intimate the Registrar of Companies through form DIN-3
- In case there is any change in any personal details, intimate such change by submitting Form DIN-4
Step 2: Digital Signature Certificate (DSC)
The Information Act, 2000, demands a valid digital signature in order the ensure the authenticity and validity of documents submitted electronically. A DSC can only be given by the Controller of Certification Agencies.The following agencies are authorized to issue a DSC:-
- Ncode Solutions etc
Step 3: Create an account on MCA Portal
In order to fill an eForm, one needs to register and login on the MCA portal. This process is free of cost.
Step 4: Apply for the company to be registered.
This is the last and most important step in the process of registration of a company. This step includes incorporating the company’s name, registering the official address or notice of situation of office and notice for appointment of company directors, manager and secretary. It requires the filling of the following forms:-
- Form-1A: Application form for availability or change of a company name. Once one applies for new company name, the MCA suggests four different forms of company’s name out of which one has to be chosen by filling Form-1A.
- Form-1: This is for application or declaration for incorporation of a company. In this form one has to fill the name chosen in Form-1A.
- This form is for notice of the situation of a new company office or change of situation of previously registered office.
- For a new company one has to fill the form with details of the genuine office address and submit the same.
- For a new company, this form is to notify the appointment of new Directors, Managers and Secretary.
- For an existing company, this form is for a change of directors, Manger, Secretary or company head.
After submitting these forms, the application is to be approved by the Ministry of Corporate Affairs. On approval of the Form, on would receive a confirmation email approving the registration of the company.
- DIN of all those directors of a proposed company.
- Digital Signature Certificate
- Original copy of the letter issued by ROC regarding availability of Company name.
- TAN Card
- PAN Card