Success is a dream common to all of us regardless of our respective fields. It is the hope of standing tall in the sea of professionals and having a brand value rather thanlimited recognition that drives us all. Nevertheless,it really takes quite a lot of courage, hard work and determination to succeed.
This brings us to the core issue of what all it takes to make one’s mark in the world for someone who wants to be his or her own boss. The very first and indispensable requirement is self-belief.
One has to be able to believe in the dream one wants to pursue and one must be quite realistic about the chances of its coming true. Unrealistic goals end in major disappointments of the kind that can send one into the rabbit hole of self-fueling depression.
Therefore, when it isabout a startup, the first thing that should come to one’s mind is the thought of running one’s dream through a real-life, sustainability check.
Here are a few things that one should keep in mind when one treads the path never trodden.
- There are no guarantees regardless of hard work and dedication.
- Uncertainty is part of the routine, and must be dealt with on daily basis.
- Impatience can only backfire. So, keep yourself from rushing in.
- Jack-of-all-trades is a no-go zone. You cannot do everything by yourself. Hire the right people
- There is no boss to point out the flaws. You would have to make your own mistakes and have your own regrets.
- The accountability for all tasks is yours and yours only. There is nobody other than you to blame.
- You might fail to raise sufficient amount of money to carry on and may eventually run out of capital.That is a very real possibility. Be prepared for it.
- Hire right, as indicated above, and even when you do that, be prepared to encounter a crisis of talent.
It goes without saying that fear and self-doubt plague us all. And we all have to eventually overcome our insecurities,and it is only then that wetaste the exquisite freedom to be ourselves, and it is also when we can spread our wings and rise to our full potential as entrepreneurs.
It is necessary to note that success and failure exist only in relation to the expectations one starts with. Therefore, the more we want to be successful, the more we need to believe in ourselves andthe more we need to stop doubting our ability to succeed too often. However, self-belief must not be cultivated by dreamy rejection of reality, but by way of making ourselves fitter and better prepared for success.
Therefore, knowing what can go wrong is essential to avoid business failures. All necessary steps must be taken to consciously face thedoubts head on, and one must constantly work to replace them with concrete possibilities. That is the path to success andto achieving the future of our dreams.Nothing stands in the way of a person who knows where he or she is headed with his or her feet firmly on the ground.