FSSAI stands for the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India. FSSAI license is a 14-digit registration number issued by the FSSAI that is printed on food packages and is mandatory for starting any FBO or food business operators.
Documents Required for Obtaining FSSAI License
- Form B duly signed by a partner, proprietor or authorized signatory.
- Layout or Blueprint of the Processing Unit showing the dimensions and area allocation for various operations.
- List of all directors/partners with full name and address along with a Photo, ID and address proof.
- List of Equipments Used with their details.
- Proof of possession of premises.(Electricity Bill, Water Bill etc)
- Food Safety Management System plan or Certificate.
Process of Obtaining FSSAI License
- Fill the requisite form with the FSSAI.
- Pay the required fee to the FSSAI for the license as per the state or central FSSAI license requirements.
- The Government would accept or reject your application within a 15-day window.
- The entire process of getting the license approved shall take 45-60 days.
Fee Structure for FSSAI
- Production is above 1 metric ton per day: Rs 5000 per year
- Production of 10,001 to 50,000 liters per day of milk: Rs 5000 per year
- Production of 501 to 2500 metric ton of milk solids per annum: Rs 5000 per year
- Production is below 1 metric ton per day: Rs 3000 per year
- Production of 501 to 10,000 liters per day of milk: Rs 3000 per year
- Production of 2.5 to 500 metric ton of milk solids per annum: Rs 3000 per year
- Hotels up to 4 stars: Rs 5000 per year
- All other food service providers including restaurants, boarding houses, clubs, canteens, caterers, banquet halls, etc: Rs 2000 per year.