Every shop or establishment needs a special license to carry out its business or trade activities in a particular location. This license is given to a business in the form of a certificate and is known as a Trade License. Every Municipal Corporation of a locality has the power to grant a trade license to business, though the procedure and formalities for obtaining a trade license different from state to state. The state of Delhi has its own procedure to obtain a trade license, and the Delhi Shop and Establishment Act, 1954 lay down the laws and rules regarding how to obtain a Trade License in Delhi.
Delhi Shops & Establishment Act, 1954
The Delhi Shop and Establishment Act lays down the rules for issuing of Trade license in Delhi. Every establishment or shop must compulsorily be registered under this Act within 30 days of commencement of work. Shops and Establishments Act regulates the following aspects of doing business in India:
- The working hours on a daily and weekly basis.
- Rules and regulations concerning paid leaves.
- Provisions for spread-over, rest interval, opening, and closing hours closed days, national and religious holidays, overtime work.
- Regulation of employment norms for children, young persons, and women.
- Rules and conditions for employment and termination of service.
- Regulations concerning the maintenance of records and registers.
- Obligations of employers as well as employees.
- Precautions against fire, accidents, etc.
- Regulations concerning the display of notices.
- The responsibility of the employer and employee towards each other, the firm and the society.
Businesses That Require Trade License
All commercial establishment that comes under the ambit of the following must obtain trade license in Delhi:
- An establishment or administrative service in which persons are employed or mainly engaged in office work.
- A hotel, restaurant, boarding or eating house, a cafe or any other refreshment house.
- A theatre, cinema or any other place of public amusement or entertainment.
An application to obtain a Trade license in Delhi must be filed with the Delhi Municipal Corporation along with the requisite documents. LetsComply’s legal and business experts can assist you in obtaining a Trade License in Delhi. Call us at +91-9717070500 or send an email at email@example.com to get your Delhi Trade License.
Documents Required To Obtain A Trade License In Delhi
The following documents must be submitted along with the application form for obtaining Delhi trade license:
- Address Proof and Identity Proof of the applicant.
- Certificate of Incorporation, MOA, and AOA of the company.
- Cancelled Cheque and Bank Statement.
- Proof of ownership of the property.
- Documentary proof of the establishment of trade.
- NOC (No Objection Certificate) from the land-owning agency.