For the online registration of trademark, the user must login to the website of ipindia.nic.in. The users have to be registered for logging in. If a user is already registered, then he can log in by using the User ID and Password or Digital signature. The trademark registration can either be done by the proprietor himself or by his agent or attorney.
After the successful registration, the user can login either with User Id and Password or User Id and Digital Signature as provided in the drop box of ‘Login With’ option.
On successful login, the username and its user code will be displayed on the header.
Applications for International registration can be filed using the web link ‘IAOI’ (International Applications Originating from India) mentioned on the top of the left corner whereas the Domestic Applications can be filed using the web link ‘New Applications’ just below the link of ‘IAOI’.
The steps we follow for filing IAOI are as follows:
When we click on the link of ‘IAOI’ then the following sub-menu appears:
- New MM2(E) Application
- Forwarded Requests
- Refused Requests
- Filed MM2 Applications
- Drafted MM2 Applications
- Payment History
Steps for Filling New MM2 (E) Application: – On clicking the link of ‘New MM2 (e) Application,’ the following screen gets opened to enable the drafting of the then MM2 form. For filing the form, we can use ‘Guideline link’ available at the top of the FORM “Guideline to fill the MM2 (e) Form.”
Fill all section of MM2 form: –
- Applicant’s detail
- Appointment of a representative
- Basic application or basic registration
- Goods and services
- Priority claimed
- The mark
- Color(s) claimed
- Miscellaneous indications
- Designated contracting parties
- After filling all fields we click on the submit button and then the system will show a message with a Temporary Application Number, for example: 535
- We click on preview button to see the details of the drafted application
- On successful signing the documents with the Digital Signature, the message will appear: “Document signed successfully”
- Then we click on “Payment” link which shows all signed records in a Grid, and we are required to select any application and click on “make payment” button.
- After clicking make payment button, then shows an option to “select application payment details” and “terms & conditions” check box.
- After getting the user’s agreement, the “Make Payment” button will get enabled. On clicking the “Make Payment” button the payment request will be forwarded to Payment gateway in order to complete the payment process. If the payment attempt is successful, a payment Acknowledgement Receipt will be generated.
- The receipts containing the Receipt No., and Permanent Application No. for all the forms can be generated after two working days from the “payment history tab” subject to realization of amount in Government Account.
- In case the payment got debited and acknowledgement of the same could not be generated, the payment can be re-verified and settled through pending payment menu after 30 minutes. In the pending transactions menu all the un-settled transactions will be shown. On clicking at the verify button, the server will verify the transaction with the payment gateway. If the payment transaction is successful at the payment gateway then an acknowledgement will be generated otherwise the transaction will be treated as failed transaction and the applications under that transaction can be selected for re-payment from the “Payment tab”.
- If we want to check the information of application number then we click on “View Details.”
The steps for the filing of the Domestic Applications are as follows:-
- We click on “New Application Tab” and select File TM-1 and put class in to textbox and submit.
- After the submission, we find temporary application number (as mentioned above in the case of MM2 (e) Form).
- Then we click on the close sign which redirects to the Drafted Application list.
- We click on edit link then open TM-1 Form.
- We fill all the fields, and digitally sign the documents.
- After successfully signing them, then comes the payment tab. There we find all the signed applications and we are required to select the particular one.
- At last we click on the “Make Payment link” and thereafter, we complete the process of payment.
- Rest of the processes with regard to generation of receipts follow the steps that are taken after making the payment in the case of MM2 (e) Form (See above).