The full form of ISO is the International Organization for Standardisation. ISO establishes the quality, safety, and efficiency standards for products and services business can sell or provide. It is pertinent for a business to deliver high quality of goods & services in order to sustain in the market. for this, the business can obtain an ISO certification for its goods or services. ISO certification helps businesses prove the credibility of their products and services.
The various benefits of getting ISO certification include the following:
- Customer Requirements- Consumers today are well informed about their rights. Hence, they go for only those products and services that have ISO Certification.
- Improve Product Quality- A quality management system standard is all about quality. Thus, it ensures that the product or service delivered by the company is of the best quality.
- Increase Customer Satisfaction with your Products- ISO provides the customer with the required assurance about the quality of the product. It plays a major role in maintaining customer satisfaction and retention by quickly addressing and responding to any issues raised. Customers look highly upon companies which provide high-quality products and have a quick response to any grievances.
- Achieve International Quality Recognition- ISO is administered by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO), based in Switzerland and is currently in use by more than a one million organizations around the globe. Thus it is a worldwide standard for quality.
- International Acceptance- ISO, being a globally accepted standard of quality, allows businesses to compete with markets around the world. Thus, it provides domestic products with the opportunity to take their product to international markets and gain global acceptance.
- Safety Measure- ISO ensures that the machinery and tools used by people are safe. Thus it adds to the quality of life in general.
- Environment Protection- ISO enables companies to make the best use of scarce resources. Thus, at an environmental level, ISO certification helps to preserve the environment by making the best use of resources and reducing emissions, radiation and pollution.
- Enhanced Employee Satisfaction and Job Security- A well defined and well-managed business helps increase employee satisfaction by providing greater job satisfaction and security.
- Lower Cost- Obtaining an ISO certification helps to reduce the risks associated with running a business. This, in turn, helps insurers recognize that the business has appropriate processes leading to lower insurance premiums.
- Overall Business Improvement- The above 9 points help in increasing business quality, reducing costs and risks, improving profits, increasing employee and customer satisfaction, and thus, improving the business as a whole.