Last year, Patanjali’s Atta Noodles was in trouble, the reason being the requirement of FSSAI (Food Safety and Standard Authority of India) license. According to FSSAI officials, Baba Ramdev’s ‘Atta Noodles’ was not approved by FSSAI but the packet flaunted FSSAI License number.
Moral of the story is, FSSAI license cannot be ignored. It is mandatory for a Food Business Operator (FBO) to get the FSSAI License. However, the rules for petty food sellers are flexible, but they are not exempted from the FSSAI rules. This article further discusses the procedure for getting the FSSAI License.
An FBO can get FSSAI License through an online application system. Follow the step-by-step guide to obtain FSSAI License-
Eligibility To Apply For FSSAI License
Application for FSSAI license can be made to the Central Government and State Government as well. To find out with whom you should get yourself registered, the first thing you need to do is to check your eligibility criteria.
The eligibility criteria for both the Central and State Government are different.
For instance, a dairy manufacturing unit producing more than 50,000 Litres of liquid milk/ day shall get an FSSAI license under Central Government whereas a dairy manufacturing unit producing 501 to 50,000 LPD of milk per annum is eligible for State License.
Food Business Operators has to take license for their Head Office if they operate in more than one State and a separate license for each location as per capacity/turnover.
Procedure to check eligibility
- Click on Check Eligibility for new Food Business Operator.
- Fill the Sl. No. , address, State, District and click on Close, if you have only one premise and Check eligibility.
- If you have multiple premise/ unit or you work in numerous District/State, click on ‘Save and Add’.
- Click on the ‘Click to Check eligibility’ column under the action column.
- Click on ‘Yes’, if you operate in more than one State with the same name/organisation and you are applying for the Head office/registered office of your FBO.
- If you click on ‘No’, following screen will appear, wherein you can select the kind of business/premise location for which the license is required and check your eligibility based on the criteria mentioned.
- Each location will be issued a separate license. In the case of FBO operating in more than one State, one additional Central License for head office is required.
- Now fill the second unit with all details like the first, again click on Save & Add and Check Eligibility in the same way as stated above. So one by one, check out the eligibility of all your food operation units/premises separately.
- Once you have filled up all the details for all your units, now click on ‘Proceed’ to Generate Summary of Eligibility Report (All premises/Units)
Fill the entire mandatory details marker with (*) sign. Make sure you enter valid e-mail ID and Phone number. After that, you will receive a ‘confirmation mail’ on your registered e-mail ID, and a confirmation SMS will be sent to your phone number too.
Now, you have an account on FSSAI official website through which you can continue with the rest of the process. Use your account details and password to Sign In and to complete the rest of the process. Make sure you complete the rest of the procedure within 30 days following the day on which your account was created.
Store Your Documents
Check the list of documents required for registration. Store them in electronic mode along with Form B.
FSSAI License Application Form
Fill up the online registration form, take a printout of the same before clicking the ‘Submit’ button. After that, a reference number will be displayed on your screen. Make a note of the reference number. You can use it to track the progress of an application for your ‘licensing’.
You have to submit a hard copy of Online Application Form to the Regional/State Authority with all the required documents within 15 days from the date of making online submission of your application for FSSAI license.
Get FSSAI License for your FBO now to avoid future legal trouble! Contact LetsComply to get your FSSAI License online quickly. To know more, call us at +91-9717070500 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.